- The construction of publicly available BAC libraries for wheat chromosomes 3B, 3DS, 3DL, 1AS, 1AL, 1BS and 1BL.
- A sequence–ready physical map of chromosome 3B with a sequencing project launched and the first physical maps for chromosomes 3DS, 3DL, 1AS, 1AL, 1BS and 1BL
- Next Gen Sequencing of sorted chromosomes for marker development and comparative analyses
- Markers collected in a TG database for anchoring wheat and barley maps
- High resolution mapping populations for anchoring and a 376 wheat varieties association panel
- Genetic intervals around four target genes reduced to less than 1 cM
- A new and more robust algorithm (LTC) for physical map assembly
- An automated pipeline for genome sequence annotation
- Communication of TG results in 176 conferences (>65 000 people) and a website (www.triticeaegenome.eu).
TG is delivering novel information and tools to breeders and scientists for a better understanding of the Triticeae genomes organization, evolution, and function and thereby provide a better understanding of the biology of these essential crops, enabling significant improvement of their composition and characteristics to satisfy the needs of European consumers, processors and producers.